Monday, March 21, 2011

They Come, They Go

Goodbye my sweet Daytona!
Well, not quite yet.
But it is time to liquidate.
I, unfortunatly, am not in the position to have and keep all the bikes I want.
I want them all, so every so often I have to make the tough choice to let one go.
It was a very hard decision with Mr. Perfect here. But, my Bonneville is almost done (beleive it or not) and I have a couple other projects behind that one. You see, I walked into my shop the other day and realized if I kept it up, I'd have no room for any jobs!
Truth is, I'll soon have another street bike, and my plans to turn the Daytona into a race bike (which is what they were built for!) were aborted when I picked up this pile.
It's another Daytona!
The frame is actually another '72 built the same month.
Engines a '73 (like me).
I had already picked up extra tanks and fenders, a rear wheel, and some other cool bits, including a real trick aluminum front fender.
Oh yeah, Henry has had this head sitting around. It's off a race bike!
Nice
So here it sits, waiting.
So, if you're looking for a sweet Daytona, give me a call.
I'm ready to wheel and deal!






No comments:

Post a Comment